This summer it's time for the first ever edition of Tribe, the festival for tribal fusion teachers. A place to connect with the international community, prepare for the new dance season, and grow your dance network . A weekend filled with inspiration, connecting, learning and sharing our love for tribal fusion. Connect with your fellow tribal fusion teacher colleagues, learn, and inspire each other.
A weekend that's totally dedicated to the further development of your tribal fusion teaching skills. Workshops in different domains like Anatomy, Pedagogics, Creativity, Didactic, Group dynamics, Advanced Tribal Fusion Techniques, Structuring classes, Marketing, etc, etc. An opening and closing circle in which we can share our thoughts and inspirations. And optional an evening out in the beautiful Medieval city of Ghent.
For tribal fusion bellydance teachers worldwide -who want to keep growing and developing as teachers, dancers and persons. -who are always on the lookout for new inspiration for their classes -who want to keep inspiring their students -who want to share and connect with other teachers
The first edition of Tribe takes place from Saturday July 13 to Sunday July 14. Full program will be online in February 2019. Registration will open Friday March 1 at 17:00. Limited spaces!
Tribe is now looking for teachers who want to share their expertise at the 1st edition of Tribe held in Ghent from Saturday 13th to Sunday 14th of July 2019. Want to apply? That's great! Read all the practical info and conditions on this page. Sounds good? Then fill in the application form right away and see if you will be programmed.
Tribe is not your regular festival, it is meant as an inspirational weekend for tribal fusion teachers. Teachers who want to teach a workshop at Tribe are expected to:
Have experience with bellydance, whether it's traditional or tribal fusion.
Have proven experience in the domain of what they will teach
Have a clear vision about the workshop topic they will teach
Have at least 2 years experience in teaching classes or workshops
Possible workshop domains for the tribal fusion teacher weekend are: Anatomy, Pedagogics, Creativity, Didactic, Group dynamics, Advanced Tribal Fusion Techniques, Structuring classes, etc, etc.
APPLICATION PROCESS | Please read carefully!
In order to apply to teach at Tribe, teacher must agree with the following conditions. These conditions are only valid in case artist is selected to teach at Tribe.
Teacher is offered:
- The chance to be a part of the 1st edition of Tribe.
- The opportunity to teach 1 or more workshops
- A compensation of €50 per workshop hour
- A travel compensation on receipt (max €50)
- Free admission to all the workshops during the first edition of Tribe.
- A brief presentation on the Festival website and other publicity materials
- The possibility to spread flyers, business cards, etc
- to be available for the entirety of the festival, from Saturday July 13th to Sunday July 14th
- to be a (semi)professional tribal fusion bellydance instructor
- to have at least 2 years of experience as a teacher
- to be working as a self-employed teacher at own account and own risk
- to send an invoice that meets the legal requirements after completion of the assignment
- to teach workshops at a high standard of technique and safety
- to teach workshops in English
- to teach workshops that have not been taught before in Belgium
- not to teach any workshop of similar caliber within 200 kilometers of the event for 90 days prior to and 90 days following the festival
- to obtain any necessary documents to enter Belgium
- to have a valid medical insurance policy for the duration of their stay in Belgium
- to promote the festival to the best of their ability on social media, website and network
- to provide all additional information as required, adhering strictly to the timelines set by the festival
- to be responsible for their own transport, travel and accommodation.
- to be able to cover personal costs (travel, food, accommodation etc.) during the entirety of the festival
- to authorize the festival to use their name, likeness, photos and videos to promote the festival including and not limited to flyers, web links and publication ads.
- to give the free rights to the festival to use photos and videos made during the festival
If teacher agrees to the conditions stated above, teacher submits the online application form. Deadline is Sunday February 10 23:59.
Only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
Selections will be made in February and all teachers who applied will be contacted by email before March 1st.
There is no communication about the selection process or the amount of workshop hours.
4) AFTER SELECTION
If teacher is selected to teach at the festival:
1) teacher signs the festival contract and sends this back within 5 days after reception.
2) teacher provides promotion photos for the festival publicity within 5 days after selection email:
- Headshot photo in high resolution
- Promotion photo in high resolution (landscape)
- Promotion photo in high resolution (portrait)
- photos representative of workshop themes in high resolution
3) teacher provides promotion texts for the festival within 5 days after selection email:
- Title and description for each workshop (max 200 words) in English;
- Dancer biography (max 200 words) in English.
Teacher agrees that texts can be altered by Teuta.
4) teacher promotes the festival to the best of their ability. This includes:
- Sharing the festival on Facebook and other social media
- Sharing the festival in own network
- Sharing the festival on own website and/ or newsletter
5) after completion of the assignment, teacher will send transport receipts and an invoice that meets the legal requirements. The payment of teaching fee and travel expenses will be made after the event, within 30 days following the reception and agreement of teacher's invoice and receipts.