A class that will brighten your week. Inspired by ska, reggae and afrobeats, this feel good workshop is all about warming the soul. Dance combos that bring a smile
A class that will brighten your week. Inspired by ska, reggae and afrobeats, this feel good workshop is all about warming the soul. Dance combos that bring a smile to your face, high energy drilling and letting go of all the thoughts in your head. Boost your mood, and bring on the good vibes!
Beginner workshop (18.30-19.45)
Set to the rhythms of the Caribbean, you will be learning some uplifting simple moves that you can use on any world’s dancefloor. Finding inspiration in the upbeat music, we will play around with all the moves we learned in a mini combo. Laugh, move your body, and celebrate your fun loving spirit!
Intermediate/ advanced workshop (20.00-22.00)
Inspired by ska, reggae and afrobeats, in this playful workshop we will work on refining your tribal technique. Find new pathways in your body and unlock the secret of truly letting go while being precise at the same time. Class includes drills, layering, and a challenging combo that will definitely get you out of your comfort zone.
What to bring
– Make sure to bring a bottle of water.
– No need to print your ticket, we have a list with your names on it.
What to wear
Wear comfortable clothes in which you feel good and can move freely. We dance bare foot.
What level am I?
– Beginner: Never done bellydance before? Or have less than 1 year experience in (tribal fusion) bellydance? Then the beginner workshops are for you!
– Intermediate/ Advanced: Already have at least 1 or 2 years experience in (tribal fusion) bellydance? Know the basic bellydance moves like mayas, bellyrolls and shimmies? Then the intermediate/ advanced workshops are for you!
– Beginner Workshop: €19. Or follow all 9 beginner workshops and pay only €149
– Intermediate/ Advanced Workshop: €29. Or follow all 9 intermediate/ advanced workshops and pay only €229
From 6 years old, Anika has been dancing. She attended the OVA academy where she was trained in classical dance for ten years. After that, she tried various types of dance until the discovery of bellydance and tribal fusion. She opened her own school “Tribal Voodoo”, and is a member of successful dance troupe Dãnapati. Since 2015, she has been working on her degree to become a personal trainer. Her work is focusing on A.P.O.R. de Gasquet, Pilates, functional training, stress management and nutrition. Dance has been a path to vibration since Anika was born. It’s allowing her to evolve in her body, her tool. Dancing is one way to reconnect body, mind and soul…It’s a passion she wishes to share with you!
This workshop is part of Bellydance Summerschool, 9 weeks of bellydance fun!
Join all workshops, or pick your favorites:
15/07: Belly Burlesque
22/07: Queen of Slink – The Power of the Snake
29/07: Inner Muse Bellydance
05/08: Sensual Bellydance
12/08: Flamenco Fusion
19/08: Good Vibes Bellydance
26/08: Queen of the Damned – Zombie Proof Bellydance
02/09: Warrior Fan Bellydance
09/09: Goddess Fan Bellydance
More info on summerschool?
Want to join?
(Wednesday) 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Land van Waaslaan 78, Gent