The Fusion Breeze/ Freeze festival is a small independent festival organized by tribal fusion bellydancer Teuta. Fusion Breeze was founded in 2015 by Teuta to promote tribal and fusion bellydance in Belgium, and to give dancers of all levels a stage to shine on. Connecting Tribal fusion belly dancers and dance lovers of all ages, nationalities and levels, encouraging diversity and building bridges between different cultures and countries, the Fusion Breeze / Freeze Festival has become a crossroad where national and international dancers, dance lovers, teachers, choreographers and troupes are gathered twice a year . The festival aims to be a cozy, friendly and personal place where everyone feels welcome and knows each others name. Next to connecting dancers, the festival strives to give dancers more body awareness, by programming different movement and bodywork workshops, like yoga and massage workshops.
This year it's time for the 4th edition of Fusion Freeze. The festival is now looking for teachers and performing artists for the 4th edition held in Ghent from Friday 7th to Sunday 9th of December 2018. Are you a tribal fusion bellydance teacher wanting to teach at the 4th edition of the Fusion Freeze festival? That's great! Read all the practical info and conditions on this page. Sounds good? Then fill in the application form right away and see if you will be programmed in the 4th edition of the Fusion Freeze festival.
A SELECTION OF PREVIOUS TEACHERS
APPLICATION PROCESS | Please read carefully!
In order to apply to teach at Fusion freeze 4 , teacher must agree with the following conditions. These conditions are only valid in case artist is selected to teach at the Fusion Freeze 4 Festival.
Teacher is offered:
- The chance to be a part of the 4th edition of the Fusion Freeze Festival as an invited artist
- The opportunity to teach 1 or more workshops
- The opportunity to perform in the show
- A compensation of €50 per workshop hour
- A travel compensation on receipt (max €50)
- Free admission to all the workshops during the Fusion Freeze 4 festival
- A free space to sell merchandise during the show or the workshop
- A brief presentation on the Festival website and other publicity materials
- The possibility to spread flyers, business cards, etc
- to be available for the entirety of the festival, from Friday December 7th to Sunday December 9th
- to be a (semi)professional tribal fusion bellydance instructor with at least 2 year teaching experience
- to be working as a self-employed teacher at own account and own risk
- to send an invoice that meets the legal requirements after completion of the assignment
- to teach workshops at a high standard of technique and safety
- to teach workshops in English
- to teach workshops that have not been taught before in Belgium
- not to teach any workshop of similar caliber within 200 kilometers of the event for 90 days prior to and 90 days following the festival
- to perform in the show for free
- to obtain any necessary documents to enter Belgium
- to have a valid medical insurance policy for the duration of their stay in Belgium
- to promote the festival to the best of their ability on social media, website and network
- to provide all additional information as required, adhering strictly to the timelines set by the festival
- to be responsible for their own transport, travel and accommodation.
- to be able to cover personal costs (travel, food, accommodation etc.) during the entirety of the festival
- to authorize the festival to use their name, likeness, photos and videos to promote the festival including and not limited to flyers, web links and publication ads.
- to give the free rights to the festival to use photos and videos made during the festival
If teacher agrees to the conditions stated above, teacher submits the online application form before July 22nd.
Only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
Selections will be made in July and all teachers who applied will be contacted by email before August 1st.
There is no communication about the selection process or the amount of workshop hours.
4) AFTER SELECTION
If teacher is selected to teach at the festival:
1) teacher signs the festival contract and sends this back within 5 days after reception.
2) teacher provides promotion photos for the festival publicity within 5 days after selection email:
- Headshot photo in high resolution
- Promotion photo in high resolution (landscape)
- Promotion photo in high resolution (portrait)
- photos representative of workshop themes in high resolution
3) teacher provides promotion texts for the festival within 5 days after selection email:
- Title and description for each workshop (max 200 words) in English;
- Dancer biography (max 200 words) in English.
Teacher agrees that texts can be altered by Teuta.
4) teacher promotes the festival to the best of their ability. This includes:
- Sharing the festival on Facebook and other social media
- Sharing the festival in own network
- Sharing the festival on own website and/ or newsletter
5) after completion of the assignment, teacher will send transport receipts and an invoice that meets the legal requirements. The payment of teaching fee and travel expenses will be made after the event, within 30 days following the reception and agreement of teacher's invoice and receipts.